Sunday, December 11, 2011

New beginnings.

     If you are reading this, then you probably already know of my previous blog, and may be thinking something along the lines of "What gives with the switch?". Well, friends, I decided it was time for a fresh start. So much has changed in my life since I started my first blog and I felt that I needed a new outlet to share all of my thoughts with you fine people.  So, let's get started!

     I recently got married to my best friend on October 8th (cheesy, I know, but so true!). It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I couldn't be happier! It was so wonderful to have all of our family and friends surrounding us with their love and support on such an amazing day!

     I also recently completed what was, by far, the hardest semester of school I have ever experienced. I wrote on my previous blog of how happy I am to be in school for something I feel so passionate about, something that will allow me to help so many people throughout my life. While this all remains true, I could not be more excited that this term is over! I wasn't sure that I could see the light at the end of the tunnel there for a while, but I just kept working, praying, stressing, panicking, working, working, working...... I think you get the point :) Next semester will also be a bear, but I am excited and ready for the challenge.

    I have also received the opportunity to teach at a well-known summer camp for the blind and visually impaired this summer! It is going to be in Brockport, NY and I will be teaching gymnastics and beep-baseball (think softball for the blind, only... not exactly- clear as mud?). I am so excited because physical activity is definitely a niche I have carved out within my passion for Orientation and Mobility. This will be an amazing opportunity!

    I'm thinking that this is enough in the update category for now, but rest assured- I'll be back for more. Wouldn't want to overwhelm anyone on the first post! So for the rest of the day I will be writing our thank you notes (I promise, they are coming!), making homemade pimento cheese, and possibly some homemade bread to go with it! Matthew and I will be decorating the house for Christmas tomorrow- more on that later!


(Shout-out to my wonderful Dad on his Birthday!! You're the best Dad a girl could ask for! Love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment